Sunday, March 8, 2020

Help! A Whole line of my family tree is missing....


Has this happened to you?  Did Aliens abduct your Family Tree...or part of it?

You log in expecting your last changes...and you see that Grandpa Everet is gone along with his parents, grandparents and the whole faction up line.  All your work gone in a click.  Frustrating, right?

Here is a video - yes - I actually did the voice over this time.  I hope it helps you.  It's a sad thing when you have to start over.  I did in 2015 because trusted too much and didn't understand what a Wiki tree was.  Well, now I do.  It is a collaborative effort and people can change things.  I don't think anyone does this mischievously, or to be evil.  They just think their data is better.  Maybe they are young, or new to research.  Maybe we need to forgive them and learn how to back up our data better!

An ounce of Prevention is worth a pound of Cure...  Ben Franklin coined that phrase in 1736 and it couldn't be truer today!


an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
phrase of prevention
  1. PROVERB
    it's easier to stop something from happening in the first place than to repair the damage after it has happened.



Help me find and save my family tree!










What is Partner Access?



I built my tree in Ancestry - - - now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can not see your address to reply - please email me at meyerandmeyerconsulting@gmail.com - Thanks

Happy New Year - 2026 - Need a hand up for Family History Organization in your Ward or Stake?

  Happy New Year!      May you have and record lots of Family History Moments in 2026! From Ted and Karen Meyer naswfamilyhistory@gmail.com ...